Friday, December 15, 2006

Your Photo

Find myself still stunned
shocked
when I come across your photo
can't believe you were
ever
in my world

Bet you don't ever remember
the first time I saw you
checking in that Spanish themed motel
scared as hell about
future undergraduate success and
sad about high school familiarity
left behind

Saw you and all thought
stopped
ceased
past boyfriends disappeared
clear future canvas
awaiting your imprint

And our paths continued to cross
science bound themes
leading us together and then apart
like the rhythmic vibration of lust

And I repeatedly dropped the ball
unaware that you could even conceive
of what I felt
what I believed
what I wanted

Forever misconstruing direct attempts for no more
than simple friendly conversations
to pass the time

But your photo
still creates an internal shock and
I linger on the thought or possibility
of us...

No comments: