Friday, December 15, 2006

My Musician

My musician
finding beauty in the soft curl
of each note
connecting his heart to the
solid pound of each beat

In his eyes I see
intricate melodies,
lilting, tinkling, dancing lightly
over his steady baseline that
deeply vibrates
resonating with the very fiber
of my soul

Watching him create
mesmerizes me
I find myself stunned by the simple magic
created by his hand and the
full ensemble pouring forth
effortlessly while he
remains focused, oblivious
in tune only with his manifestations
the rhythm pouring directly from his spirit

I smile, move, dance
distract him
headphones removed, volume increased
he comes to me while
his rhythmic masterpiece fills my ears
his fingers play a matching melody
finding staccato notes,
drumming up and down my body
and his body
catches the baseline
thundering its own groove
consuming all of me

No comments: