Monday, December 11, 2006

Limits to Love

There are limits to love
lines drawn in the sand
clear destinations and demanded clarifications
that we disguise and hide
or ignore and deny
until led to the brink of destruction

I love you completely
will do anything for you
anything to please you, satisfy you
hold you close and
keep you near
anything.
well, maybe

anything contains a natural limitation
an actaul definition as
most things that won't violate
my standards of self respect
at least not to the lowest points
won't repulse my sensibilities
or take me so far into it's loving depths
that I am unable to pull myself out
unable to breath without
claustrophobic suffocation

Please, stop pushing, testing
draggin me closer and closer to my
unbreakable limits, toyin with love's death
like a moth to a flame or a
dead mouse dangled before a cat
so curious to determine whether my love for you
will lead me down destruction's path
will be so loyal to you that
I will blindly walk into the enemies throne

You will have to accept
that I love you,
will do anything for you, but
there are limits to my love

No comments: