Sunday, December 24, 2006

Nothing

As amazing as it seems
your anger no longer hurts
no longer tears at my heart or
rips into my being
I find myself oblivious to its
irrational release after
days, week, months of silence
minimal acknowledgement
sidelong judgemental glances and
unexplained disdain

We've done this dance
too many times before
and I know the signs like the
watching the change of the moon
can tell when you switch from
love to hate
support to disdain

It happens so often
so routinely
it feels like second nature

So we are back to hate, huh
yeah, I charted it, knew it was due soon
prepared myself and waited
for my pounding heart to hurt
the internal bleeding to pour through

But, while you
dispense verbal lashing
like liquid molten hate
I am discovering that
I feel absolutely
nothing

No comments: