Thursday, December 14, 2006

Receive and Return

I remember when it happened
when love finally pushed open the door

yeah, I knew
although I didn't say
you were so secretive
hidden
tucking away your emotions
locking your heart in that
special vault

But that night
something felt different
special and lovely
gentleness oozed from your caressing fingertips
adoration poured from your darkened eyes

Your lips spoke Solomon's song
deep into the well of my ear
Your tongue sprang out
declarations of emotions before
searching and locating
its natural counterpart

You and I
so easy, so smooth
We were both surprise that
this felt so right

Yes, that night changed everything
while I stared at you and wondered
what happened
that melted the ancient glaciers
and broke through your supernaturally formed dam

I discovered that you
had finally decided to
receive and return
my love

No comments: