Friday, December 22, 2006

Hide It

I tried to hide it
disguise or dismiss this
pounding want
locked in the pit of my chest
at center of my heart

I have to hide it
ignore it, pretend that the
deep searing burn
ignited by your intimate smile
is nothing but simple heart flutters
manifested by quickened pulse
completed unrelated
to you

I've decided to
keep it my secret
forever locked sealed in the
cedar chest buried under my
blanketed soul
behind the deepest depths of my
inner spirit
hoping it will fade
evaporate

Maybe one day I will see you
again
Maybe one day I will know you
again
Maybe one day I might touch you
again
Oh, please, can I just breathe you
again

No, I will hide it and
it will sizzle and vaporize
against the intense heat
of my pure want
and then maybe I will be released
finally
from the simple cursed
memory and desire
of you
love

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Kai -

Terry