Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Time To Wake Up

He came to me
in a dream last night
startling and surprising me, my heart raced
cause the previous attempts to recapture his
unique features and expressions always alluded me
my mind choosing to release his perfect reflection
for sanity's sake

But there he stood, leaning over and looking in
while I peered through and reached up
a decade later, his sight still spurred magnified charge
throughout every fiber of my soul

My body melted and mind yielded while
he stared intent but worried
committed to this chance, but bothered just the same
I rubbed his cheek, persuaded him to
release fear, utilize this singular world
promise this one oasis of peace connecting the
mental interlude that would
remain between us two

He sighed and relented, finally indulging a
decade old desire, an unspoken yearning that we both
ducked around and dodged
finally free to fully explore, want and touch
I laid my palms on his chest as he
lightly kissed my shoulder then
stared into my eyes
back arched as he lightly held the
wrapped his arms around the width of me
firmly, smiling so faintly, so certainly
relaxing and giving in

but, somewhere, someone called my name
while I held on with clenched fists and
forced concentration to remain, his burning eyes
filled with sadness, acceptance of impending disconnect
but he held me tighter while the voices got louder and louder
then he kissed me gently, exploring the whole of me
one last chance, one last moment
but the pressure of his lips faded, then dissipated
as the image collapsed and I opened my eyes while
children stood over me yelling
"Mommy, it's sunshine! Time to wake up!"

No comments: