Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Removing Doubt

Deep in thought
formulating new fiction in my head
Eyes open, but unseeing
I came to and discovered you
watching me
eyes locked into mine

I quickly looked away
attempting to veil my mental musings
cover my endless, boundless thoughts
erase my trance like state
tucking away new story for
later privacy

It just occurred to me
that was the last to
you met eyes with me
the last time you
kindly smiled or
seemed relaxed in my presence

Now you avoid me
like I am plagued and problematic
going above and beyond the necessary measures
to pretend I don't exist
am not in your physical sphere
or standing right in front of your face

What happened?

In that split second
a friend became a foe
a comfortable space became a
tension filled pocket
a casual acknowledgement
became a continual dismissal

I am not sure of the what and the why's
and guess I really shouldn't care
but am surprised to discover
that I do
helpless to change circumstance
or reverse whatever negativity
I inadvertently caused
I am content to remain
in the edges of the shadows
beyond your circle
out of the reaches of your world
hopefully eliminating your discomfort and
removing speculative doubt

No comments: