Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Rejection of Me

This dance is tiring
momentarily exhilarating
infinitely draining

How can you keep rejecting me?
how can you keep being
the only one who sees
nothing special in me
nothing amazing, nothing pure
nothing worth grasping onto
holding close
clinging to instinctively and
protecting without clarification
taking the chance of being
dead ass wrong
for the opportunity
of shielding me just right

The shadows are filled with
so many who see
who wait in the wings
wondering when I will wake up or
be left, once again
blamed for all the wrongs in the world and
remembered with every painful recollection
making the second time the easiest time
to put an end to the painful game
the dreadful dance
the inherent rejection of me and
everything that I am
again and again and again

No comments: