Monday, February 05, 2007

Completely Inappropriate

I began to stutter
my tongue felt thick in my mouth
head slightly light I
focused on the tip of my shoe
the blank wall behind you
to still my self
calm my nerves
hide my emotion

Completely inappropriate

What is wrong with me?
you shouldn't be on my mind
there is no scenario in which this could work
that we could operate
forge a space or a vibe
unique to us

Who would be hurt
lost
suffocated and strangled in the
bizarre twist and turns
of a uniting of us

It can't ever be
yet I stand here
stuttering like a fool
remembering that last hug and light kiss
as if my entire existence
was defined by it

I got to pull it together
cannot succumb
too much to lose
and nothing to gain
the mere entertaining of it
is completely inappropriate

No comments: