Wednesday, February 14, 2007

First Valentine's Day

Do you remember the first one
the first Valentine's day
when love was so new and unsure
with no expectation and little pressure
feeling lucky to have met
to have you by my side

What a romantic day
you cooked my first meal while
friends scoffed and laughed
cause you swallowed pride and cooked for me
speaking of the intimate bond that had formed
in less that a year

I whispered to you
that I couldn't wait to
share my space
let you in and
reward your courage
your freedom
your risk taking
in the name of love

And that was one of the sweetest nights
the most memorable of evenings
long and never ending
wrapped in each others arms

I remember the first one
that Valentines Day
the first time that love became
true and clear in my heart
the first time my focus turned
fully on only you and, for the first time,
I wanted no one else
but you

No comments: