Monday, January 29, 2007

I'm Releasing

I'm releasin you
movin on
checkin the time wasted
shaking my head in shame
but no more looking back
dismissing you and all
this pain

I'm releasin this
drama filled existence
while you play house
and run ragged
trying to spread your seed and
sow wild oats
bringing home other's
physical remnants and
spiritual residue
leaving me feeling filthy,
unloved
at the very touch of you

Naw, I'm releasing this,
this magnetic thing
this animal attraction
so simply mistermed love
got me stuck in an emotional rut
a bottomless pit
while lust disguises itself
hides the price of my soul
bartered out in pieces for
the mere association to you

Yeah, I'm releasing this
steppin forward into the sun
dusting off the coat of neglect
brushing away the lint of rejection
recognizing that my life has meaning
despite my flaws there lies an inner beauty
an eternal pureness and
desire for oneness
and my search will continue while I
rebuild my center
reconstruct my very core
pushing forward, eyes locked upward
finally realizing a future
leaving you and all your dirty
in the dark folds
of my past...

1 comment:

Kai said...

thats deep...
hope u are well....