Monday, January 29, 2007

Only A Dream

How can a dream
feel so real
a touch still make the spine tingle
a word still raise possibilities of love
heart rate increasing and
inhaled breath suddenly gone shallow
a giggle a
promised word
an emotion to seal the deal
make this coupling whole
the pairing real

Just a dream?

Laying on one side
disappointment flowing
rushing, spreading through
this being like
venom in the blood
so close, so near
I never realized I liked him
wanted him
had any feeling at all toward him
yet, the mirage felt so real
his smile a broad oasis
his touch a secret delight
as I cleared the table he
touched the back of my knee
smiled at my sudden reaction
announced his want
only for me

nestled so deeply in the
comfort of the mind
I believed and succumbed
thrilled at the excitement of
new love
again

Until light pours across my eyes
and ears absorb daily household chaos
mind clears and relinquishes
sleepy mist and unspoken, embedded longings

I swallow disappointment
reality creeping into remembrance and
bringing realization that
it was merely a dream

No comments: