Monday, January 08, 2007

Boldness

Maybe it was your boldness
that turned my head
changed the vibe from
playful and flirty to
speechless and excited

You removed all doubt
with one simple swoop
a hug became a slow grind
while I held on for dear life

So confused I tried to
detach, throw in a wrench
jack up your play so I could
resume some control
return to the cool mask of nonchalance

But your warm breath against
the curve of my ear
whispered adventures never before felt
and experiences never before thought of
making me crave you

Before you I was
parched, you were my
long, tall, smooth glass of cool water
sipping all of you to the last drop
finding myself
needing more, craving for just one more sip

Now I am longing, sweatin'
calling and harassing
plotting and planning to just get a little more
another taste, another whispered promise
But I'm also fighting this
trying to compose myself and pull it all
back in, but I must admit

your simple boldness has
turned me out

No comments: