Friday, January 12, 2007

Little Miss Polite

Why is your phone ringing at 3 am
the morning of your planned departure
the trip to meet your homeys at South Beach, right?
SO tell me, why is a female voice
ringing in my ear?
immediately answering the unasked question
identifying herself as an old friend
calling to find out whether you'd left

Hmm. Wake up. Now.
Here, speak to your girl
No, I am not going to play myself by acting undignified or
losing my composure
satisying the real hidden agenda of this
sinister scheming sista

When you hang up I will gladly
identify the game for you
explain how she purposely blew up your spot
lettin me know exactly what's up
in a passive aggressive attempt to lay claim

Then Ima simply leave it alone
rub your chest and kiss your neck whisper my desires and
rock you back to sleep
You don't owe me an explanation or an excuse, but
the writing is clearly on the wall
I won't fuss or pout, won't get in your way
Hope you enjoy your trip and your homeys and
the desperate chick that tried in vain

You'll be back cause
my body and soul are your home
But my calm and cool will play with your mind
creating irksome questions
Later, my silence will scream loudly in your head
in the midst of your party's organized confusion
and you won't help but wonder
what I'm doing, what secrets I've kept and
who might be filling your spot
while your away

On that, too, I will be silent and unresponsive
won't bother to calm you or affirm
your reign over my throne

So, for the root of doubt embedded in your psyche
sprouting uncertainty's buds and blossoms
for the loss of trust, loss of peace
for the unspoken probability of retaliation
that you now face
for that, you can thank little miss polite

No comments: