Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Your Everything

I wanna go back
to that night
pick up where I left off
remove that period and
insert a comma

I got scared

It was really that simple, that foolish
you laid it all out, bare and for real
I wasn't looking for a life time commitment
and you didn't offer it
we both were already tied up
forever mended and linked
to other souls

But your raw and pure offer
was all of you
for that night, for that moment
the gaping whole from your love life
begging for me to pour in and fill
What more could I ask
what more could I want

So in the awkward silent pause
i looked into your eyes
and saw an innocence that
I could fall in love with
a gentleness that I could
cradle my soul against
a purity that I could
rest my spirit in

and I got scared

Can I have that night back
that moment, that infinitesimal
minuscule fraction of a second
when the universe existed
in your eyes and
your eyes absorbed only me
and, my reflection framed so lovingly
longingly
changing the play into
ever binding fulfillment
for that moment it was clear
I could have been your everything

1 comment:

Kai said...

wonderful......