Thursday, January 04, 2007

Gold

That awkward moment arises
when no more words are left
and any further action from either of us
may cross the lines drawn in the sand
cross the self imposed borders
necessary to keep right from wrong
do good instead of evil
live clean instead of mired in filth

Leading us back to this moment

I don't want to say goodbye but
simply, I have nothing left
no part that I haven't given
I can't beg you again
won't continue to whine
can't express myself clearly because
words are simply inflated sounds
blocking my esophagus
swelling in my throat
threatening to choke out my life

So you will be brave and bold, huh?
put it out there, the concept of dissolution
a test to try my response
take the chance and determine whether
the reaction is worth the trouble
to efficiently destroy this bond

Why can't you see that
I am gold
pure and virginal
dull, just covered with loves dung
Take time to clean me
apply the polish, that coat of warmth that will
chip away the grime
give up the buffer of support that must
make this nugget shine

Please don't just melt me down
and reform me
mixing me into something unpure
no longer precious, no longer wanted
simply cheapened and then
ultimately discarded

1 comment:

Kai said...

happy friday

u r always gold like a piece of sunshine:-]