Monday, January 15, 2007

Your Smile

That smile
stopped my heart
still
voices blurred and
time slowed
unable to fight intense
magnetic draw
the invisible net
wrapped around me
tugging my closer
through that smile

Was I the only one
who felt it?
a wind tunnel
a private lane
a narrow partition
dividing me from them and
you from him
verified by a modest glance that
always sealed
blended our vision into one
creating that
perfect smile

You never looked away
although I didn't notice
then
I always quickly inhaled
blushed, as much as a brown girl can
tearing my eyes away
trying so hard to regroup
to compose, never noticing
that my mouth automatically curved
dimpled in my cheeks
baring a sliver of white
carrying my high for the next
several minutes
my natural response
to your perfect smile

1 comment:

Kai said...

thats sweet