Sunday, January 14, 2007

His Girl

As usual, you completely missed the point
which is why your still bragging
that I used to be your girl, not realizing
the very term implies that
I walked away, gave up all attempts
and shut down that defunct operation

I used to be yours
in every way
younger and more innocent
I gave you open access to
every intimate part

But you were, and still are, so focused
on what he thinks and what she says
on how it appears to the masses
instead of investing in the for real

Your insecurities became annoying and aggravating
driving me insane
while you worried about them
he took care of me
paid attention to me
thought of me and
lost himself in me

So when did you notice I had left?
once I was already on his arm
walking past you, making sure to
look the other way
avoid all eye contact
insure that you have no reason to doubt
that he is completely with me
and my mind is on no other,
just him

Of course, he knows about you
the careless one
so clueless
so consumed with appearance
trading substance for macho imagery
But unlike you, my man is not worried
about your used to haves and your
intimate memories

He is too busy
developing a deeper level of lust
satisfying my insatiable cravings of desire
studying, with care and detail
researching my response to his every caress
creating new loves and new dreams with me

Believe me,
I am keeping him entirely occupied
way too busy to care about
who or what
you used to have

3 comments:

Kai said...

thats so true

Kai said...

btw i love your radio....

now i want a radio on my blog...

a.Kai said...

HI Kai!! Hope you enjoyed MLK day!