Sunday, March 25, 2007

Worth It

Is this breath worth breathing
if you aren't here
aren't by my side
to witness my intake
follow my exhale
know that with every breath I take
you are on my mind

Is this moment worth sharing
if you aren't here
and can't be found to
enjoy it, admire it
marvel in its pure impossibility
its true miraculous nature
knowing that I can only enjoy it
because you are here

Is this life worth living
if you aren't here
have given up and bailed out
succumbed to frustration and
given away to disappointment
how can I bare the
reflection of failure contained in your eyes
and know, inherently, that love has left
your heart, your mind, your spirit
making life a procedural protocol
of dry steps, forced to drag through
each day

Is this love worth giving
if you aren't here
and won't receive it
won't willingly submerge yourself or
lose yourself in the
mystical nature of it
won't you accept the offering
in its bounty and beauty
nor wrap your body in the comfort of its
silken cloak, luxuriously woven
to comfort and support you

Tell me,
Is it still worth it?

No comments: