Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Remember Tonite

Got to remember
tonite
this night
when I didn't pretend or ignore but
acknowledged that I feel you
every time you look at me and
I know you are aware
of every place in time that I be

Want to remember
tonite
this night
the first time I met eyes with you and
without realizing it
immediately smiled
immediately had your full attention
a vacuum space, a narrow tunnel
consisting of
only you and me
all others
locked out and suddenly invisible

Want to remember
tonite
this night
when I whispered muted longings
and you smiled understanding
capturing my tongue and
stilling my heart
common ground accented and
mutual respect magnified

I hope I remember
tonite
this night
when spiritual similarities
mattered more than
temporal things
your eyes made my body burn
while you
looked at me on fire and
we spoke volumes
without saying a single word

No comments: