Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Have To Stop This

That's it. Enough.
I can no longer indulge myself
with thoughts of you
careless what-ifs and
hopeful maybes
No More.
I have to seal this leak
plug this drain
stopper the stream of ideas
sensual thoughts
lustful longings
spring boarding from the deep well
of my mind

Stop It. Gotto Control It.
Suddenly, completely distracted
work unfinished and
assignments left lingering
cause I had to pause to
remember a look
a smile
a surprising rush
unexpected soul tug
deep innate recognition

That's It. I'm Done.
I'm releasing and letting go
refitting into my proper image
of mother
of wife
returning, sadly, to matronly form
it's the only proper solution
the only clear direction
the only pathway that
won't lead to discovery's pain
this is the final period
to a never ending sentence
in this run on paragraph.

That's It. I Know It.
I have to stop this
but really,
I don't know that I can

1 comment:

Bianca said...

Sometimes our hearts controls our actions and dictates our emotions.

You expressed it so well with this piece.