Tuesday, March 13, 2007

What Happens Next?

What happens after
I slice through the center of me
expose my very core
my thoughts and fears
my desires and wants
my intimate platform
flipped inside out
and laid upside down

What happens next?

Is it too much
too much information to swallow
confusing your idea of woman
of mother
of wife
of professional
of person

I am me
no more, no less
not that I even know
what that really means
but I know that my future
could never have been foretold
from my troubled beginnings
and every day
a thought or inspiration
touches me and
I have an overwhelming urge to
put it to paper
some, I am bold enough to share
others, you will never see

but in the end
when just one person says
that my poem or expression
was the perfect written counterpart
to their emotion, observation, experience
then I know
I have finally found my path...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*snap, snap, snap* Preach on sista Kai! :)