Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Blessed

Swallowing down the tiny drop
of disappointment
threatening to
overtake my heart
a minute detail
a small oversight
a tiny crevice
in the larger scheme of things

I am blessed
have received gifts untold
experienced life's precious dreams
watched my hearts most intimate desires
manifest into a bountiful reality

but still, I long for more
I want to see me past my dreams
me higher than my visionary heights
me expanded wide,
circumferencing every anticipated desire
transcending my wildest expectations
and the world's limited understanding

so, tonite, I swallow back the
tiny drop of disappointment
dismiss the slight wave of anxiety
knowing I have not yet proven myself
and my date of maturation has yet to arrive
and in the meantime
I will enjoy what I have seen
tasted, lived
knowing that
I have been
supremely and magnificently
blessed.

4 comments:

miss magic said...

We are all blessed...
I like this poem.

a.Kai said...

thank you!! sometimes i have to put aside ambition and remember to be thankful

Kai said...

u can get all the blessings u can get.

Onika Pascal said...

your writings tell a story.
you want to see yourself past your dreams...that's the blessing in disguise...it can be done.
soar lady :)...i'm right behind ya'