Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Center My Core

Trying to still the doubt
the whispered untruths and
jealous lies
the constant doubt and
unspoken disbelief

I need to silence it

Trying to center my core
focus on ocean waves and
splashing banks
open air breezes and
stirring internal winds

Got to find my equilibrium
my peace
my calm
inside the midst of this storm
wrap my self in the
silence
at the core of
each tornado
Cover myself in
love's plastic
self esteem's umbrella

so each drop of hate
rolls down and off
remains separate
like oil in water
does not mesh with
the purity of my spirit
does not soil
the cleanness of my essence

Trying to center my core
silence the deafening hum
that envy makes
determined to
keep my eye on the prize
my mind on the goal
my heart on its true love
my destiny on its proper path
my life in its correct track
my future on its supernaturally blessed journey

4 comments:

miss magic said...

"love's plastic/ self esteem's umbrella." love the image that makes. this whole poem is so...supernatural. know what I mean?

Kai said...

lovely

a.Kai said...

Thank you ladies!!

Onika Pascal said...

Aisha, I am definitely feeling the calm in this one. Sometimes the heart just has so much going on that trying to "center" it can take all strength within you. I am loving this one.