Monday, March 05, 2007

Pure

I see it in your eyes
a blue flame, clear
burning intense and true
white tips barely flicker
unmoved
pure

Like a lit pilot
your intimate essence
is that clear blue flame
That draws me in, fascinated
amazed
watching the closest thing to perfection
demonstrated in
the perfect still burn
no white smoke or red spark
tempered evenness
pure

I don't get to see it often
You refuse to let me look into your eyes
but when you finally relent
I can tell
it is constant
no flicker
I am transfixed
by the glimpse of it
making my heart race and
my breath shallow
your blue flame
the wonderful miracle of you

so perfect
pure

2 comments:

Bianca said...

Love the poem! Having eyes that are unconditional to love is the best vision of entry to the soul.

a.Kai said...

thanks for taking the time to read/comment!!the eyes, the look, the unspoken meaning, clear message - i could write about it for days!