Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I Don't Understand Why

You've hurt me and
I don't understand why
can't place what has changed
what small shift in our
interaction
caused the seismic reaction that
has now taken place

You linger
trying to see whether I
am watching, noting
aware that you
are phasing me out
changing focus

Did you just
lose interest?

I don't get it
but you aren't the first.
Although you seem to be oblivious
I can tell you are in tune
still observing, still examining

Do you need to watch the
withdrawal of my addiction?

Trust me, you are not the first.

Light flirting and casual conversation
develop into
intimate confessions and hidden secrets
revealed, exposed, entrusted while
staring into eyes
and we click, I can feel it
a kindred spirit,a similar soul
My blessed exhale

Then, invariably, undoubtedly
he separates, moves away
changes course and withdraws his heart
his attention, his friendship
and I am left stuck,
confused
wondering what I did wrong
once again

Now I am hurt
I let you in
only to walk away with
another small piece of me
of hope, of love
of the idea of intimate relationship.

You've made a choice
to remove yourself and
I don't understand why.

No comments: