Thursday, November 09, 2006

Latino Lovers

I watched them from afar
observed them without envy
jealous free, at first anyway

She leaned against him
head snug in the crook of his neck
arms and torso hidden
protected within the shell of his body

He closed his eyes
enjoying her warmth
lost in the imminent promise of
her open love

When she finally shifted aside
he observed his woman
with open but squinted eyes
lust and desire pouring forth
heat flushed on his very surface

He murmured tempting promises
to his bonita senorita
the clear intent melodic
in Latino language of love
to stimulate and arouse
prepare her mind for the
bodies future experiences

I watched
recalling all the Latino men prior that
I spotted holding hands and wrapping arms
touching gently and rubbing caressingly

in public

affirming her beauty
ascending her intimacy
confirming her sensuousness
laying claim to her person

I watched longingly.

2 comments:

Ms. Adams said...

I like the simplicity of language in this poem. It seizes deep human emotion.

Your blog is absolutely goregous, very appealing to the eye.

Thanks, Akai, for stopping by my goddess blog and leaving a comment at Toutbon. I always appreciate people who pop over there to leave a comment. It lets me know they're actually paying attention to my work.
Thank you.
Nordette
I am goddess!

a.Kai said...

Thank you Nordette - what a kind comment!!