Thursday, November 02, 2006

Kindness' Return

Always surprised when someone
identifies kindness in me
the lingering spirit that
I covered and swallowed
tucked away then completely removed
Later, worked so hard to retrieve
but am now receiving punishment
for rejecting

I chose to mask
all signs of godly deposits
hide and seek to destroy
evidence of sweet spirit
with all my might
so I could hang
qualify and identify with
the urban chaos

Maybe I made the wrong choice

Exposed soul turned hard,
cold and calloused
imitating ghetto hard to
protect from pain of attack

But I have escaped
free to search and restore
my gifts
repossess them, although some were
abused and abandoned

Kindness retreated, scared and hurt
she hid in the shadows
her very nature
distorted by my cruelty

Slowly, slowly she lets me in
allows me to exist within her for a spell
tests my waters to ascertain my loyalty
am I true, trustworthy?

Kindness is slowly allowing
rebirth and mended ties
to surge through me, touch others and
uplift the Kingdom

I am thankful she is here and
blessed that you identified her
within me

No comments: