Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Unity's Fruit

On my mind tonite
is amazement that I
ever doubted my commitment
and complete devotion
to this thing here

Why would I?

The world's offerings are
bittersweet and unsubstantial
vapor and transparent

I demanded the idea
from you
respect and trust
time and patience
how could I be willing to
settle for second best from
so many other potential candidates

Absolutely not.

I will not make a fool of love
will not make a mockery of faith
You believed, and therefore returned
I believed, and grasped onto purity

Our lives will sing a testimony
of possible impossibility and
supernatural dominion

There is a reward for
this determined commitment
acknowledgement of our continuous sacrifice
Our seed will eventually sprout
to bare witness to
unity's fruit

No comments: