Saturday, November 18, 2006

Where You Wanna Be

You still don't know, do you
Still don't have an answer for me?
It's not clear to you, yet
that I am where you wanna be?

I just don't understand anymore,
what else do I need to do,
who else do you want me to be?
Weren't you the one that said
I'm every woman?

Well, what now?
As your infatuation fades,
so does my worth, my appeal
my value

Before you couldn't be without me
had to smell me, touch me
rub secret places and kiss naughty areas
in private, in public
insatiable urges that only
I could cure

Now, your eyes wonder at
every honey that walks past
You haven't touched me in months
my taste no longer satisfies

I get it.
It's finally clicking
I am forcing something, that is no longer there
holding on to a dream, image, pure mirage
I wanted to be your everything
but am no longer anything to you
used up and over cultivated
leaving me barren and dry

Or so you think.
But my riches and oils are bountiful
plentiful
plush, thick and luscious
my scent will attract another
my mind will reel him in
I have no doubt that
my ability to love will rebound
resurface and replenish itself

So your right,
I think.
You need to just move on.

No comments: