Thursday, November 30, 2006

One Last Time

I had to talk
Yeah, I know I shouldn't have called
but the sound of your voice
soothes my anxiety
calms and relaxes me
dissipating my secret fears

Can you talk?
remind me, again
of how we used to be
by the simple longing
in your voice, and
the hesitation in your words
the kindness, gentleness
bestowed upon me
between each pause

Will you repeat your
whispered promises
before they are officially
null and void
just one mo' gain

Please

Tell me that I can
never be replaced
that your burn for me
has not been douse
and the spiritual itch
cannot be soothed

Don't you miss me?

I'm sorry,
but please
just talk to me
one last time

1 comment:

Onika Pascal said...

I read this and got nervous. Amazing how you can read something, hear a song and feel like it speaks for you. These are the very words I want to tell someone. Someone I miss dearly.
Well put ...i enjoyed it.