Monday, April 16, 2007

You're Back

You came back
I can't believe it
didn't realize how much I would miss you
until you were gone

An empty spot
a vacant void
my essence searched for you
your inquisitiveness, your basic interest
that sustains me
drives me
allows me to close my eyes
relax my mind
take an easy breeze
and simply let it flow

but you weren't there
to receive me, to learn me
to hide that devilish grin and
stifle excitement's surprise
rise
by the intimate revealings of me

but now you have returned
and the lustful longings that you create
by thinking of me
smiling at me
watching me when you think
I don't know
I feel their return too

inspiring a thousand more thoughts
a thousand more ways to
let desire ooze from my pen
stain the clear paper
with intimacies secret pleasures

I am so glad
to have you back

1 comment:

Onika Pascal said...

you never miss the water until the well runs dry.
but you got it back :)
i loved "a thousand more ways to
let desire ooze from my pen"