Sunday, April 22, 2007

Cherish

I cherish each moment with you
brief interaction lasts an eternity
burrowing into the inner chambers
of my heart
the deepest recesses
of my mind
recalled whenever I have
a free minute, a few seconds
a quick moment to inhale and
reminisce

I cherish every meeting with you
words evaporating into
oblivion, because my memory
captures only the essence of you
the movement of your lips
the vastness of your smile
the concentrated energy
radiating from your beautiful eyes
the stirring in the pit of my soul
at the sound of your voice
wondering what it would sound like
saying my name
over and over

I cherish the simple warmth of you
crave and yearn for a deeper knowledge
an inside glimpse, an intimate view
revealing what you think when
you smile directly at me
watch my lips move
examine my eyes whenever I look away
observe me without listening to a word I say

but, that is something
I will never know
so, instead, I simply
cherish my neverending thoughts
of you

1 comment: