Monday, April 09, 2007

My Muse

I finally figured it out
realized why I am
drawn to you
interested in you
thinking on you
wishing for you

Simply stated
you somehow became my muse
the purest energy
the rawest infatuation
guards still lowered
hopes still high
life has not yet marked you
maimed you
destroyed your dreams
robbed you of belief

With each shy glance
a waterfall of dreams
cascade before me
sprinkle and shower me
remembering when
the impossible was only a step away
an identifiable believable goal
changing the world wasn't scary or
unbelievable or
simply hopeless

I wish I had
known you then
could have dreamed with you
believed in me, and you
stretched out high and
grasped my stars
shined magnificent
discovered me brilliant

but time does not rewind
instead, you are my muse
reminding me of past innocence
and wondrous belief
inspiring me to plod on
grope and grasp
collect and rejoin
the shattered fragments
of my dreams, my life
your indestructible will
renewing my internal hunger
guiding me to faith's platform

No comments: