Monday, April 16, 2007

Helpless

I keep feeling hoodwinked
foiled and foolish
like every time I sigh
take a minute to reflect on
life's peace and miracle's birth
my nation is shattered
torn
shredded to pieces

Thirty three.
thirty three dead?
how many more shot?
nameless gunman, faceless savage
ripping and destroying
reaping havoc on
utopias learning ground

once again, I am
helpless
like watching my people
float in city streets conformed to
alligator filled swamps
waiting in vain
dehydrated and politically sacrificed

helpless
as desperation convinced folks
to hurl themselves from the Towers
rather than burn or
remain trapped for days
until life was finally snuffed out

helpless
while elections were manipulated and rigged
sibling connections manifesting
hanging chads and disappearing acts
voter fraud andwidespread disenfranchisement

helpless
while my men and women
march among oil fields
protecting from a blurred enemy and
the world's scorn
in the name of
freedom's spread

helpless while today's travesty
became one man's repreive
releasing him from
explaining another Bush scandal
turning the grim reaper's massacre
into another political battle cry
a false cover

helpless
as my world
spins off its axis

*My prayers to every member of the Virginia Tech world, students, victims, witnesses, family and friends...
{written for Poetic Prodigies - www.ghettosoul.com}

2 comments:

Kai said...

thats how i feel also.

thank you for sharing with us!
warm hugs

Melanoma in B&W said...

Dear A. Kai,

I am contacting you regarding a blog survey I am conducting. I am a Ph.D. candidate in Mass Communication at Penn State and my dissertation project consists of a survey that looks at women bloggers’ perceived motivations for and effects of their blogging.

I am sending the survey to a number of bloggers, and I would like to invite you to participate in it as well. Participation should take approximately 15 minutes of your time. I would appreciate it tremendously if you would be willing to take the survey. If you decide to do so, please follow the link below:

http://www.personal.psu.edu/cds205/blog/signin.htm

I would be very happy to share the findings of my study with you once it is completed!

If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to contact me!

Thank you in advance,

Carmen