Thursday, April 17, 2008

Won't

A choice
I guess that's what it was
to write
or to be ____
filling in the blank
still left little choices
still left me empty

while he says the opposite
the message is clear
to receive love, my talents
cannot be on display
my visions must be silenced
my dark form
must only be his shadow

the price for love is not
plainly stated
its made clear in the
lack of acknowledgement
failure to respond
hesitance to support
refusal to read

so the proposal has been made
a choice obviously necessary
but i won't silence my heart
won't close up my mind
won't tuck away the blossoming me
to save this love

I won't

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that...because you had a choice.

Kai said...

beautiful

Onika Pascal said...

Wow... I have my battle gear on and ready to fight...I'm not silencing my heart.

Enjoyed the read.

* i was ignorantly looking for the kudos box lol*