Sunday, April 06, 2008

Mean Something

I was about to die.
The truth blew threw me
in an uncomplicated way
no fear, no panic
just disappointment
that this was how my life
would end

The explosion of
mangled metal tore through the air
but with the realization of death
came silence
as my body lifted out of the seat
time stood still
a million thoughts, memories
experiences
flooded my mind
I would never get to college
my mother would never forgive me
I hadn't forgiven my father
how would my grandmother
survive the news
why hadn't i put on a seatbelt
what had my 17 years meant
to anyone?

Dear God. Please God. I need more time...

There was no pain
as time replaced itself
and my airborne seconds ended
when my head
crashed into an unseen barrier
Everything went black

But, eventually, my eyes opened
I was still here
He had given me
another chance
to make this life
mean something...

No comments: