Friday, April 11, 2008

All Yours

What if I told you
I thought you beautiful
statuesque
heavenly
godly

What it I wanted to
touch your hair
rub your scalp
massage your head
the back of your neck

What if I admitted
that your smile made my heart stop
made my breathe short
that I looked for you
each and every day
laying eyes on you
reset me
realigned me
righted me

What if I confessed that
I so desperately wanted to tell you
to talk to you
to hear your raspy voice
one more time
speaking to me
in friendly tones and loving words

What if I told you
I was all yours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

then he better be listening... that was nice. And Congratulations on your poetry featured in Essence and Apooo!!!

a.Kai said...

with my luck (and luv history) he probably has no clue!! LOL...thank you for the kind words!