Friday, April 04, 2008

Loose Lips

He loosely drops
a hundred words
a minute
letting them carelessly
flow
from his lips
without measure
restraint or thought
he talks to hear himself
impress himself
convince himself that the
timid little boy within has
finally been destroyed and
the braggadocio, older version of him
is better
stronger
more likable

But I used to love the boy
took comfort in his quiet
in his determination
in that unsteady confidence gained from
being alone and
knowing its alrite

Now I stand here
grimacing
looking for an exit
a polite way to disappear
and remove myself
from this man
this mirror of his former self
with loose lips
spewing a continuous stream of
nonsensical wordage
in an attempt
to deflect speculation
from himself

2 comments:

Onika Pascal said...

When I received my subscription email, the title of this poem peeked my interest. And braggadocio complimented it.

Its funny how the thing we love can become the thing we used to love. Then what is love? You and I question it constantly.

Maybe we should do a collabo on it :)

Kai said...

wonderful