Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Eyes or Smile

Not sure which
capture me most
your eyes or
your smile

Both make my heart skip
for just a second
before I check myself
knock my sense back in place
refit into cool oblivion

Both are rarely given
guarded like a treasure
shyly released with
limited distribution
first testing then
slowly trusting
their burning intensity
and open beauty
aiming them
open and raw
at me

Which is why i treasure them
fill honored by them
allow the sight of them
to warm my heart and
flatter my mind
because with every direct look
and every warm smile
I know you
reserved them
just for me

2 comments:

Kai said...

so sweet!

Onika Pascal said...

lol @ refit into cool oblivion

seems like you got caught staring and had to simmer down lol love the imagery in that line.

Happens to me on my train ride to work everytime that brother comes on at Lafayette Street...mm mmm mmm