Friday, May 11, 2007

Doomed

I knew I shouldn't be there
figured it out
when he first answered the door
and I stood at the screen
hoping he wouldn't open it
wouldn't draw me in

then he smiled
and i was doomed

I tried to play it off
act like it was a casual visit
as his father walked past and winked
a huge grin spreading across his face
eyeing me up and down
while his wife waved frantically
as they left for the movies
leaving us
alone

He was too much for me to handle
too experienced to fall for my games
gentle and kind
street hard and gangsta cred
masculine and confident
all the ingredients
for complete disaster
I couldn't resist
although I gave an honorable try
put up a valiant attempt
but the softness of his lips
and the gentleness of his arms
captured me
released my fears
inspired my imagination
and doomed me
to the intimate wonderfulness
of him

No comments: