Saturday, July 07, 2007

Enjoy The Moment

There is a reason
that I remind you to breathe
to exhale and relax
to look around you
and enjoy
savor it
delight in the sweet savory
freshness of this
new experience
this next stage
in life

I was scared
frightened
alone and isolated
it took months for me to
gain confidence
gain awareness
grab life by the horns
and ride it's back
without inhibitions

Wasting time
time I could have
marvelled in
spread out and taste tested
figured out the
unique flavors that
satisfied me
inspired me
fulfilled me

So don't
look back,
analyze why
care about the petty
question the motives
of the ignorant
instead
focus on life
on the gift that
you saw another day
remember the blessings
that have brought you to
this point
honor them by
exhaling
enjoying the moment...

1 comment:

sj-the-infamous said...

Can I start the AMEN choir here? :)