Friday, February 29, 2008

Everything?

We could be everything
you and I
we can have it
the dream
the idea
the belief
why can't we be it?

If you would just concentrate
on me, on us
instead of your dreams
instead of your hopes
then we can make it

If I simply dilute down
the best of me
the spark that makes me unique
to fit you
fit your idea
of wifely perfection

Then wouldn't we be perfect
with our shiny cars and
big house
lovely kids and
successful careers
wouldn't we be wonderful

If we both
figure out how
to drown out
the overwhelming stench
of disappointment
the unforgiving funk of
talent wasted
and silence the whispering cry
from deep within our souls
begging us to remember
our spiritual gifts
feed our starving souls
allow
our effervescence to bloom

Then, wouldn't we be perfect?

No comments: