Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Toy

He was surprised
apparently
that he wasn't the only one
that I had no intentions of being bound
tied up and
tangled in
love with him

He seemed flabbergasted
when I suggested
we take some time
add in a little space
explore other options
seek out other things

He acted shocked
when I said
he wasn't enough
I expected more
needed more
I wasn't happy

But the gaping void in my soul
felt wider
when I was
in his presence
proving he wasn't
my sought after emotional bandaid
and since self examination
was too painful
another man
another lover
another toy
had to be the answer...

3 comments:

Kai said...

very very wonderful

Shai said...

Whoa! See I knew reading your work would inspire me. Kai, I have had a writer stoppage, not even blockage. I have not had a complete poetry ideas in weeks. I haven't written a coherent poem in a month or more.

Reading this piece reminded me there is some stuff I need to get out of me.

Great piece.

a.Kai said...

You both just made my day - thank you ladies!