Monday, October 16, 2006

Rejected Happiness

Proud to say
I've rejected happiness
that illusive tempter seducing me with
flexed arms and masculine carved back
offering whimsical pleasure in
intermittent bursts, but continuity
always outside my grasp

No more will I
participate in this salsa
grinding against happiness' hips
absorbing his unique power
anticipating full release but
suffering unfulfilled withdrawal

Uh uh. I don't need happiness...

**The remainder of this poem, and all other poems for October, are available in Discover Kai Poetry Intimate Musings, or contact a.Kai at discoverkai@hotmail.com for copies or permission to use. If you don't receive a response to email within 2 days, please resend. Thanks**

4 comments:

NSD said...

Preach ma! That's speaking to me right now, I needed that! ;)

a.Kai said...

Very glad you like it..thanks for checkin in

Shai said...

Nice poem. Kai, I looked at your other blogs. Have you ever tried the National Novel Writing Month Challenge? It is where you write a 50,000-word novel in a month. It is for the entire month of November. You should try it. You have some good writings.

a.Kai said...

Hi Shai - thank you for checkin in. I am still at work, its been an unbelievable day. I never heard of the contest, I am going to look into it as soon as I get home.....