Monday, October 09, 2006

Escape

The possibility of escape
freedom and release
so tantalizing and
exciting

inciting planning and scheming
just short of lying
to create the scenario
script the circumstance

I can do this and
they don't have to know

Intimate thoughts hush, but
loudly thumping in the
hollow of my ear
increasing pressure
mounting heartbeat pounding
against ribbed cage

I can do this

I can create this space
free from responsibility
removed from obligation
vacuum tunnelled and silent
roaring and shouting

just for a little while
just for a little bit
a small, tiny
muy pequeño
space
just for me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sistah' Kai,

I really like this one too.

Thank you for being so growth-ready. I hope you'll come around and facilitate some for me too:)

I'll be in touch very shortly as I haven't forgotten about you.


Terry

www.terryhowcott.com

a.Kai said...

Thanks Terry - glad I am still on your radar!