Friday, August 10, 2007

The Best Man...

Haven't said
"i love you"
in so long
haven't remembered to hug you
kiss your neck
rub your torso
let you know
that my heart, mind and soul
are under your authority
my gift is
under your calling
my essence
is under your definition

Haven't told you that
I know your sacrifice
realize your loss
your patience
your complete devotion
to the growth and development
the future and the unseen
the building of lives
the spreading of seeds

Haven't I told you
that I think you are
wonderful
incredible
mind boggling
sincere
clean
Clean
the rarest description
of a black man
but my
highest term of flattery
I would eat from your lips
kiss the bottom of your feet
revel in the pureness of your kind nature
enjoy the uniqueness of
your cleverness
the first one to
really make me smile

you are the best man
I've ever known

No comments: