Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Will Not Scream

I will not scream
and I won't cry
damn sure can't yell

I don't have the energy
nor the where-with-all
to act a fool
give you the grand production
the verification you seek
the determination of how far I will go
or how sprung I really am

I won't say a word
as she rises from my sheets
and you wrap towel
around your waist
waiting, shifting
eyes watching
hoping that I break down
engage you in battle
create the confusion necessary
for you to spin this around and
somehow point the finger
at me

No, I won't scream
won't chase her or curse you
silence is my deadliest weapon
and to you
I have nothing more to say

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As usual, you're preaching to me! Right on point.

a.Kai said...

Hey there!! I hope you are well, you know I had to check out your blog today - get those after BET highlights!!