Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Transform

My first crush
was my best friends cousin
well, the first crush I acted on
the first time I moved forward
He would pick us up and
drop us off
all me efforts to look cute
were for those
15 minute rides

He didn't get it
cuz, to his credit,
he only saw a child
while he focused on women
I purposely bumped against his arm
rubbed against his back
dropped anything I could
to lean over and catch his eye

so pathetic!!
and we laughed,
but I still tried
until other boys caught my attention
became the target of my desire
and I forgot all about
my first crush

Years later
sittin in the Chicken Coop
waiting for my wings
he and his boys pulled up
with that weed inspired hunger
I thought I was grown then,
driving and switching

he walked in, ordered
surveyed his surroundings
spotted me

With a wink of the eye
a sly smile
extended arms and
much street vibe
I became that silly little girl again
shy but wanting
wrapped in a loose hug
accepting a warm kiss
watching his subtle reaction
as I transformed
from baby to woman
before his very eyes....

No comments: